AFROPUNK

... the other Black experience

After you see this hang your head in shame. There's a reason why so many white people hate black people..

Baltimore (CNN) -- Onlookers laughed and did nothing to help as a man was beaten, stripped and robbed on the street in Baltimore.

The attack, which police say happened on March 18 after St. Patrick's Day celebrations, was captured by at least two cameras. Video of it went viral.

"Not only did they rob him, but they attempted to strip him of his dignity. They tore his clothes off; they mocked him. That behavior just will not be tolerated," said Detective Nicole Monroe with the Baltimore police.

Police say they have identified one suspect, but have made no arrests.

They are not releasing the victim's identity except to say he was a 31-year-old man from Arlington, Virginia.

The victim was on the way to his hotel from a downtown Baltimore club when he was attacked, according to a police report. The man had been drinking. He told police he couldn't recall exactly what happened, but the videos fill in the blanks.

In them, a man is seen standing, unsteadily, against a row of mailboxes. A crowd starts to gather and women dance suggestively against him. Someone notices his watch and a hand seems to grab something from one of the man's front pockets.

He pursues the supposed thief and is punched in the face. The man falls over backward and his head hits the sidewalk so hard it can be heard on the video.

"Smackdown!" someone yells.

His pockets are rifled and his clothes pulled off. Some people can be heard laughing. No one comes to his aid.

According to the police report, the man lost his Tag Heuer watch, which he valued at $1,300, his iPhone and car key.

CNN showed video of the attack to a number of people in Baltimore to gauge their response.

"That's pretty sad," said Finley George of Virginia, who was visiting the city with family. "I mean he obviously didn't do anything to anybody. They just got up on him and started beating him."

Views: 1901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I  pray at one point they all  contract  HIV.  Fucking scum.

WTF is wrong with Black people these days? Fuckers should all be rotting in jail. 

at least he made it home alive. people like Trayvon Martin and Oscar Grant and others can't go home to the people who love them. I don't care if this is why whites hate blacks, the assholes are on both sides. this hate crime isn't any worst because for once blacks started it, its all the same shit. I'm not saying that its right but what else do you expect from this country? In any case they don't represent me in the slightest, I see no reason to feel any shame

So, I should feel guilty because some Black People was acting inhuman, welcome to the human race Kifaru. Black Guilt does not work for me and considering they were stupid enough to videotape the event and put it on YouTube the  Police will catch these people and throw them in jail. Oscar Grant, Trayvon Martin and Diallo can't go back home to their loved ones because THEY'RE DEAD !!!

Your Black Conservative Guilt trips are starting to bore me.

Stop capitalizing my name, Newsoul. How many times we got to go through this. How you been by the way? Health good? Love life life good? How are your people? Now we've got that out of the way.

It's not black guilt I feel. It's black disgust and shame. Just when we are about to take the moral high ground; just when we are about to put his racial profiling on trial, niggers go on a rampage and film themselves doing shit like this. I don't know if you live in some alternate reality Universe or what, but people judge us as a group the same way we judge other peoples as groups. If all they see is black people doing foul shit,( and remember this real life this shit is not fabricated) it reinforces any negative stereotypes they have about us. We don't live in a vacuum and we don't run shit in this country. We have to live with other ethnic groups. This type of shit does matter and the fact that you are taking the position that "this is not as bad as the shooting of Trayvon" shows how oblivious you are to the consequences of your lack of moral clarity.

If I'm boring you change the channel nigga. Tune me out. I know you won't though.

Newsoul said:

So, I should feel guilty because some Black People was acting inhuman, welcome to the human race Kifaru. Black Guilt does not work for me and considering they were stupid enough to videotape the event and put it on YouTube the  Police will catch these people and throw them in jail. Oscar Grant, Trayvon Martin and Diallo can't go back home to their loved ones because THEY'RE DEAD !!!

Ignorance. There's no excuse for what they did. wrong is wrong. I hate to see black people act this way but I don't personally feel ashamed because I know the majority of Black people are not like this. One thing I've learned though is that if people want to judge, hate and demonize Black people they are going to do it whether they have examples of foul Black folks or not so I don't lose any sleep over what people like that think. So many people hate the president just for being Black, so what does that tell you? Racism wil exist regardless. Does stuff like this help? No. but if people aren't smart enough to not generalize a whole group of people based on the actions of a few then with all due respect, fuck em'.

Not saying you're doing this, but I noticed how White folks on line use incidents like this to justify what happened to Trayvon and then accuse us of being racist for asking for justice in that situation, but again those idiots up there don't change the reality that Black people have yet to get a fair shake from the system and until then we have a right to be vocal about it. The shit that happened up there is another byproduct of socioeconic disenfranchisment anyway.  It would be less ignorant niggers if the system didn't work against us in the first place. 

I feel for the guy because I had a similar experience happen to me in my youth.

I feel you PolarVibez but I am honestly tired of excuses for my peoples behavior. We were much worse off 70 years ago and this type of thing was not to be found amongst our people from what I have read. I get tired of black people applying a double standard to wrong doing. Just because white people terrorized us does not mean that when we do horrific stuff we should get a pass.

This incident is not random or isolated ignorance either. Did you see the videos of the flash mobs of black kids robbing stores last year? I didn't see one of whites or Asians or Latinos doing that shit. There were at least 20 people in this video participating in this foolishness. It is quite obvious that many of these people knew each other. No one intervened. No one yelled "Leave that guy alone". Shouldn't someone have said "Hey man if you do that shit and get caught they are going to throw you under the jail"?

This video was posted on WorldStar HipHop because those niggas on that website thought it was funny. Do you see the disconnect our community has with good sense? It wouldn't be so bad if every week we saw videos of asians and native americans and latinos doing this type of shit. If we did, I would chalk it up to human nature. That is not the case. We don't. Even if we did we shouldn't be acting like it is not a problem we need to fix. 

Likewise we have a bad rep in this country. Based on this and other stuff we get caught red handed doing we deserve it. Does it make sense for us to exacerbate it by doing this kind of shit? Trayvon got profiled because of niggas like this.Trayvon was murdered and our community has righteous outrage in that case but where is our outrage when this type shit goes on. What about the hundreds of young black men that are killed by other black men? We ignore that shit because we have developed a culture of coarseness that allows members of our community to feel like doing what they did is ok. "It's just a white guy. We caught him slipping. Fuck him. What about all the stuff they have done to us?" Black culture tolerates shit like this to our detriment and no amount of moral gymnastics is going to save us from the consequences. You can't blame this on poverty. This is niggerishness. The system did not force a crowd of niggas to watch while other niggas robbed and stripped this man. How would you feel if this was your mom getting stripped? I bet you'd wanna kill a nigga. You would be justified too.

PolarVibez said:

Ignorance. There's no excuse for what they did. wrong is wrong. I hate to see black people act this way but I don't personally feel ashamed because I know the majority of Black people are not like this. One thing I've learned though is that if people want to judge, hate and demonize Black people they are going to do it whether they have examples of foul Black folks or not so I don't lose any sleep over what people like that think. So many people hate the president just for being Black, so what does that tell you? Racism wil exist regardless. Does stuff like this help? No. but if people aren't smart enough to not generalize a whole group of people based on the actions of a few then with all due respect, fuck em'.

Not saying you're doing this, but I noticed how White folks on line use incidents like this to justify what happened to Trayvon and then accuse us of being racist for asking for justice in that situation, but again those idiots up there don't change the reality that Black people have yet to get a fair shake from the system and until then we have a right to be vocal about it. The shit that happened up there is another byproduct of socioeconic disenfranchisment anyway.  It would be less ignorant niggers if the system didn't work against us in the first place. 

"We have to live with other ethnic groups. This type of shit does matter and the fact that you are taking the position that "this is not as bad as the shooting of Trayvon" shows how oblivious you are to the consequences of your lack of moral clarity."

Then why don't you be a footstool for that phony rhetoric, if those idiots were stupid enough to film themselves beating a helpless man then they get all the SHIT that the WHITE AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM is going to throw on their asses. Like Malcolm X said a long time ago, if you get caught up in some stuff you have no business doing then it's your own affair. Black People in Baltimore shouldn't lift a finger to help them, and if White People want to use what happened on that videotape to justify the death of Trayvon Martin then FUCK THEM TOO !!

Then they just proved why they deserved all the hatred and mistrust that African- Americans feel about them because it's moral equivalency and it's just as bad as what those people did in the video and I have every right not only to mistrust Whites but to make sure I defend myself in case I have to deal with them either or separate from them either on American soil or elsewhere.

kifaru said:

Stop capitalizing my name, Newsoul. How many times we got to go through this. How you been by the way? Health good? Love life life good? How are your people? Now we've got that out of the way.

It's not black guilt I feel. It's black disgust and shame. Just when we are about to take the moral high ground; just when we are about to put his racial profiling on trial, niggers go on a rampage and film themselves doing shit like this. I don't know if you live in some alternate reality Universe or what, but people judge us as a group the same way we judge other peoples as groups. If all they see is black people doing foul shit,( and remember this real life this shit is not fabricated) it reinforces any negative stereotypes they have about us. We don't live in a vacuum and we don't run shit in this country. We have to live with other ethnic groups. This type of shit does matter and the fact that you are taking the position that "this is not as bad as the shooting of Trayvon" shows how oblivious you are to the consequences of your lack of moral clarity.

If I'm boring you change the channel nigga. Tune me out. I know you won't though.

Newsoul said:

Gotcha!

Newsoul said:

"We have to live with other ethnic groups. This type of shit does matter and the fact that you are taking the position that "this is not as bad as the shooting of Trayvon" shows how oblivious you are to the consequences of your lack of moral clarity."

Then why don't you be a footstool for that phony rhetoric, if those idiots were stupid enough to film themselves beating a helpless man then they get all the SHIT that the WHITE AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM is going to throw on their asses. Like Malcolm X said a long time ago, if you get caught up in some stuff you have no business doing then it's your own affair. Black People in Baltimore shouldn't lift a finger to help them, and if White People want to use what happened on that videotape to justify the death of Trayvon Martin then FUCK THEM TOO !!

Then they just proved why they deserved all the hatred and mistrust that African- Americans feel about them because it's moral equivalency and it's just as bad as what those people did in the video and I have every right not only to mistrust Whites but to make sure I defend myself in case I have to deal with them either or separate from them either on American soil or elsewhere.

kifaru said:

Newsoul said:

Then you be a one- man NIGGA Leadership and go on Fox News because those idiots will be in jail

kifaru said:

I feel you PolarVibez but I am honestly tired of excuses for my peoples behavior. We were much worse off 70 years ago and this type of thing was not to be found amongst our people from what I have read. I get tired of black people applying a double standard to wrong doing. Just because white people terrorized us does not mean that when we do horrific stuff we should get a pass.

This incident is not random or isolated ignorance either. Did you see the videos of the flash mobs of black kids robbing stores last year? I didn't see one of whites or Asians or Latinos doing that shit. There were at least 20 people in this video participating in this foolishness. It is quite obvious that many of these people knew each other. No one intervened. No one yelled "Leave that guy alone". Shouldn't someone have said "Hey man if you do that shit and get caught they are going to throw you under the jail"?

This video was posted on WorldStar HipHop because those niggas on that website thought it was funny. Do you see the disconnect our community has with good sense? It wouldn't be so bad if every week we saw videos of asians and native americans and latinos doing this type of shit. If we did, I would chalk it up to human nature. That is not the case. We don't. Even if we did we shouldn't be acting like it is not a problem we need to fix. 

Likewise we have a bad rep in this country. Based on this and other stuff we get caught red handed doing we deserve it. Does it make sense for us to exacerbate it by doing this kind of shit? Trayvon got profiled because of niggas like this.Trayvon was murdered and our community has righteous outrage in that case but where is our outrage when this type shit goes on. What about the hundreds of young black men that are killed by other black men? We ignore that shit because we have developed a culture of coarseness that allows members of our community to feel like doing what they did is ok. "It's just a white guy. We caught him slipping. Fuck him. What about all the stuff they have done to us?" Black culture tolerates shit like this to our detriment and no amount of moral gymnastics is going to save us from the consequences. You can't blame this on poverty. This is niggerishness. The system did not force a crowd of niggas to watch while other niggas robbed and stripped this man. How would you feel if this was your mom getting stripped? I bet you'd wanna kill a nigga. You would be justified too.

PolarVibez said:

You make it too easy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Matthew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

HOME
| MY PAGE | MESSAGE BOARD | BANDS | APX | BLOGS | MEDIA | FESTIVAL | ABOUT | MOVIES | STORE | CONTACT
©2013 AFROPUNK | BRANDED BY 7ONE8