AFROPUNK

... the other Black experience

Greets everyone! I guess I have been a member for a few months(?) and I checked out the forums and such, wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a traditional skinhead who loves his reggae, ska, oi!, punk and northern soul. I am single, currently a nutritionist, journalist and a student living in Riverside, California (I am going to say Los Angeles because I am there quite a lot and it is nearby) So far I like this site and it sounds like everyone is awesome! It would be pretty cool to find people in the area, as well as read up on a lot of different topics on this site!

I did not see too much on black traditional skinheads except for this one article and it was pretty cool. Anyways, guess I am the only one? Haha, so...hello! Feel free to hit me up with any questions you got!

Views: 455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right on! Welcome to AfroPunk! I am one who loves old ska northern soul reggae mod things. And a bunch of other funky music too. Rock on! Im of the older generation, a friend of mine up north uses the term SRP....Skinhead Retirement Plan!

I heard of the Skinhead Retirement Plan, but we refer that to the move from skinhead to rockabilly haha!

Rosenda said:

Right on! Welcome to AfroPunk! I am one who loves old ska northern soul reggae mod things. And a bunch of other funky music too. Rock on! Im of the older generation, a friend of mine up north uses the term SRP....Skinhead Retirement Plan!

Welcome!

Not the only one. You ever go to shows at the Akbar?

Wait.....did you Monk say Akbar?  That little place near Silverlake on Sunset and Fountain?  I didn't know they had shows there, how do often do they do that? Have not been there in awhile, I used to live down that area.

Nein. I am still getting used to the areas and places to explore, but it sounds like a place worth checking out!

Monk said:

Welcome!

Not the only one. You ever go to shows at the Akbar?

Greetings! I like to listen to The Skinflicks, 4-Skins, Cock SParrer, Bad Manners, Stomper 98, Emschekurve 77, Loikaemie, Condemed 84 and many other bands!

Daieng said:

Oi! what are some skinhead bands you listen to?

Great bands all. Saw sparrer a few weeks ago, it was great. Business and PTTB were around that weekend too, but had to pass for work.

Rosenda,

they have a rocksteady night every monday, looks like a smart crowd.

You live in LA too? Are either of you in the scooter scene?

I'm in SF, moving down there in a few months, pretty excited.

started a group here: http://www.afropunk.com/group/skinheads?xg_source=activity

I'm aware there's a SHARP group, but I made one that's more general for those of us not involved in that kind of thing.

Hey Bro if you are still in Riverside I would love to meet you and you could go to some shows with me and my bros
Call me

Tommy
909 528 4038

I always felt like the black skin head thing to say was OweeOweeO!! Used to be really into oi in the day, same with the exploited

I am in Germany, been here since December 2013. I will be back in Riverside October 2014:)

TOMMY TOWNE said:

Hey Bro if you are still in Riverside I would love to meet you and you could go to some shows with me and my bros
Call me

Tommy
909 528 4038

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Matthew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

HOME
| MY PAGE | MESSAGE BOARD | BANDS | APX | BLOGS | MEDIA | FESTIVAL | ABOUT | MOVIES | STORE | CONTACT
©2013 AFROPUNK | BRANDED BY 7ONE8