AFROPUNK

... the other Black experience

I just read this article on a friend's Facebook page. I dont really think the situation calls for national new and being deemed "offensive and degrading" as the report states. Perhaps I'm not seeing the big picture. What do you think?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/class-photo-called-offensive-deg...#_=_

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think who ever thinks the photo is controversial is pushing it. I would say it was in bad taste...Maybe.. The reason there is a consent form is so anyone who doesn't want their kids seen can have their kids not seen. I have a hard time seeing how anyone could sue over this. Just print the pictures with the kids face and remove the smiley face or make a better effort to find the kid's parents and get consent.

Or since the photo was already printed have the permisson slip sent along with the order form. I don't find it offensive because this is exactly what my school did if there was someone who was absent on photo day or when the kid did something inappropriate in the photo (ie. throw up gang signs or make a funny face).

kifaru said:

I think who ever thinks the photo is controversial is pushing it. I would say it was in bad taste...Maybe.. The reason there is a consent form is so anyone who doesn't want their kids seen can have their kids not seen. I have a hard time seeing how anyone could sue over this. Just print the pictures with the kids face and remove the smiley face or make a better effort to find the kid's parents and get consent.

I'm with you. In my opinion, it's not really offensive or racist, but I can certainly understand others who may think that way. I think what should determine it as offensive or whatever is the motive behind it, not just the picture. There's too many ways to look at it... Plus, I didn't see any bad motive behind it, unless I missed something??  Either way, if anything, it's certainly... weird. :-/ It's drawn really badly too! XD They need a better artist.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Matthew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

HOME
| MY PAGE | MESSAGE BOARD | BANDS | APX | BLOGS | MEDIA | FESTIVAL | ABOUT | MOVIES | STORE | CONTACT
©2013 AFROPUNK | BRANDED BY 7ONE8