^^^ Brotha Daoud, do we work at the same school? Damn.
Aminata said:def. pederast: a man who has sex (usually sodomy) with a boy as the passive partner
Its the stuff ancient societies used to do... I'm not sure why you chose that word.
We (she and I) use it interchangeably with "pedophile", amongst ourselves. She had a child with her; there's a fine line to cross for strangers (who profess to have no children) who make comments out of the blue, like, "Hey, I don't know you, but do you think your child would like Toy-R-Us? I have a gift card she might enjoy...you have to come get it, though."
Patronizing/luring children via gifts and sweets? Pederast behavior. Can't go around doing that. People are sensitive about strangers asking about their children, especially if the stranger is a grown male. What happened in Rome years ago is irrelevant in this case.
= School's out, yeeeeeaaaa! Have fun students.
- You, Mr. Video games-comics-cartoons, please learn to read this summer.
- Ms. Quiet, you have a wonderful voice, use it more often.
- Ms. Severely Challenged, have fun with Mom & Dad and I hope they face reality and get you some serious professional help.
- Mr. Spoiled-cuz-u-got-dat-gud-hare-all-da-gurlz-n-wimmin-luv, enjoy your favored status. You don't know what objectification and fetishization is, but you're about to experience it hardcore when you hit puberty. Just don't let these lovesick girls get pregnant by you so their babies can have "dat gud hare". And watch out for the haterz who'll try to jump you 'cause the girl they like is crushing on your ha.., I mean you.
- Mr. Volitle Good Guy, get it under control. You're smart, popular, honest with parents that obviously care about you. Stop going off the handle on every person that says something crazy to you. You know so much more than other boys your age when you're doing right or wrong. Keep this up and those bigoted teachers who keep blaming everything bad that happens on you will win. You're better than that (though I can't lie, if somebody said that about my sister I would have probably busted their nose open like you did too when I was your age). I've got your back even when I ain't around. Remember what I told you.
- Ms. Sourpuss, smile more. And don't get mad 'cause I told to get your feet off the chair, you know better than that. You'll be alright but if you didn't want to say 'hi' to me when I greeted you and and your friend who did say 'hi' back, so be it. I've got no beef with you but I ain't losing sleep over anyone thinking "Mr. D is mean because he wouldn't allow me to act the fool".
- Ms. Athlete, keep it going. But stop trippin' or you won't make the team.
- To my severely underdressed girls: please get your parents to give you some respectable clothing. You can be cute without dressing like Lady Gaga or current Miley Cyrus.
- To my Junior Thugs in Training: please find new icons to look up too. There's a reason Lil Wayne's in jail. Can't get big $$$ and meet girls touring the penal system.
... 770 dollar marsell oxford booties for 100$ ... that was a omfg moment. :] for serious, i was doing a search and destroy on any marsell shoes used or new that was selling for 100$ or less. couldn't find any. *nods to herself* yay for being that super cool, spot on w/ a brand that is high quality and not marred by hype, and yet still the relatively frugal chick. sales are wonderful and timeless "pieces" are even better...
... definitely getting to a point where i can express myself in a nurturing way to others and with a solid point that isn't purely cognitive. ...and i'm definitely realizing all of the connections i've just ignored for the past few years. future is looking bleak still, but with a crap ton of good stuff to do in the meantime.
so much shit to do and it finally doesn't feel overwhelming. :]
i love music technology, wierd samples fkd up shit, i got no man lost them to a 'cougar' but i'm happy building my home reording studio, even if my neighbour hates me, i am determined to make dirty beats,breaks,lyrivcs,guitars even at the mature age 41!!!!! with an incurable illness i still got some life in my bones yet...thankgoddess theres another black experience apart from shit commercial pap..loving you from the uk
oh and an actual rave from Sunday or was it Saturday?
110 dollar silver plated bangle for 30$ ... yeah ok, not that great but i love the bangle so yay me.
770 dollar marsell oxford booties for 100$ ... that was a omfg moment. :] for serious, i was doing a search and destroy on any marsell shoes used or new that was selling for 100$ or less. couldn't find any. *nods to herself* yay for being that super cool, spot on w/ a brand that is high quality and not marred by hype, and yet still the relatively frugal chick. sales are wonderful and timeless "pieces" are even better.
i'm also hopelessly in love with my mustang guitar now... still a bit hesistant w/ the vox amp i got, but i think i've narrowed down my first two pedal buys and that should settle the sound issue for at least a year. this guitar tho...it's a great little piece and i got it for a real bargain. short scale was definitely the right choice for me and even tho i didn't like the ketchup red body w/ the white pickguard comparing it w/ the sea of guitars i had to work w/ last week it really is a gorgeous guitar with the sound that i didn't even know i wanted till i heard it. :p
shotgunning my cello curriculum was probably a very stupid, challenging, but ultimately most rewarding decision i've made this year. Six months in and i'm trying to tackle this Handel piece... it's grueling. Shit, sight reading is grueling too, but whatever... more practice and exposure means i'll do it more easily sooner. I'm the worst person in my "ensemble" class, still haven't memorized the different keys except for the obvious ones like C major (lol). but that's fine w/ me. fucking shit up is ok as long as i'm not deaf to my fuck ups and can correct and recover quickly. the only thing that's got me a bit hesitant is the "progress" made towards a left hand injury--but acupuncture really is an amazing thing. I had a very positive and healing experience... and the potential injury is a good thing too because it's made me practice more...concise- and precise-ly.
oh... and i got sort of promoted at my job and now am officially a part-timer and am on my way to getting medical and maybe even dental benefits.
and even though i was kicking myself for forgetting to ask about visiting the dude or jamming with them in some unspecific future, the fact that the interaction was pretty positive on the whole w/ both bands was... obv a good thing. in terms of playing music... it's getting to a really good place. the ensemble will be cool. lead guitar i'm on its' heels and i can just feel the positive and creative energy in the folks i know i'll find to play with... definitely getting to a point where i can express myself in a nurturing way to others and with a solid point that isn't purely cognitive. ...and i'm definitely realizing all of the connections i've just ignored for the past few years. future is looking bleak still, but with a crap ton of good stuff to do in the meantime.
so much shit to do and it finally doesn't feel overwhelming. :]