What's up, Doc?
You do realize that this is a show about racist outlaw bikers, right?
If anything the treatment black characters get on it is soft and fluffy compared to how it would likely go down in real life.These dudes would probably be chopping it up with Rollins' character from a couple seasons back and doing big business. They woulda dug his tattoo.
The show is a soap opera with Dynas and Street Glides. Enjoyable, but fiction.
BTW- That Tarantino western looks awesome. Gonna buy tickets and go on the first day.Speaking of which, since you're a fan:ever notice how there are no black people at all in any Robert Rodriguez flicks? Heh heh heh...
ec- that story was awesome. OC is a messed up locale.
Welcome SC. Yeah I hear you but the but the level of whiteboy bulletproofness where the Black groups (outside of Pope) and characters get played is beyond realism. I'm familiar with how MC's do biz here on the east but maybe they're just made of steel in Hollywood.
We agree on something: SOA's interesting fiction and Django should definitely be enjoyable for many on several levels. Enjoy the opening day crowds SC, I'll catch a matinee. Oh yeah Rob Rodriquez is the man. He doesn't put many Black folks in his films but he doesn't exploit them in corny manner either. Fred Williamson (look him up) was from Dusk 'til Dawn and Micheal Clarke Duncan was in Sin City, maybe you missed them. All the best.
Don't understand Nero at all. what pimp comes out of pocket almost 500K for someone else's baby's mama?
I was traveling down a "lonely highway" the other night and came across 1Down's newest venture, a nice bike supply/repair spot. It's a nice property. That's the only thing a non riding square like myself can say about it until they get coffee cups or mouse pads with something mean looking on them. I wish them continued success though.
The club's website is http://1downmc.com
Cool stuff with the 1DownMC.
8-9 hours from should be interesting as to how situations are handled. Anyone down to take the action on predictions? Mine:
- Thaeg/Tig whatever the perverted whiteboy's name is, he isn't going to get taken out. Mainly I think so because the previews show Jax sizing him up with the gat drawn, it can't happen that easy. Still I don't know how they're going to pay off Pope's demand for Tig's death.
- Pope won't get killed at least not this season; 80% chance he'll live. The 20% chance of his assassintion is from Jax hollering at his main man the tall baldheaded dude who killed the 1-9er early in the season. He may be up in the plot to take over yet still there's the 5 million dollar bounty Pope set up himself on whoever gets Pope's potential murderer.
Pope's too good a character to be eliminated yet; I believe Jax may seek his guidance for a bit longer now that he has no mentor in the leadership game, Clay has gone rogue and his VP voted against him. Still this is Hollywood...
- Will Tara leave with her & Jax's sons to Portland? I straight up don't know. This may be left open to be answered next season. She may boomerang there & come back.
- Nero's back in the thug life. He'll probably have a greater arc next season and may have deeper involvement with Gemma and rebuild his street familia. All bets are off since like CE said, he's thrown the Pimp Manual out the window completely by having a heart and donating to a baby mama's cause and falling in love with a trick (no disrespect ladies; keep it real though Gemma is the trickiest chick since Lady Macbeth).
- What will go down with Romeo and the rest of the FBI vatos and the Irish? Last ep may have closed for the Irish for now but believe they will be back and I sense next time the vodka-drinking homies from the Eastern Bloc will return, they're owed some payback. The Korean crew has to deliver on the munitions also.
- Roosevelt has to be satisfied also. He has to come back into play soon to take down somebody since he's nearly running renegade as the police chief after his wife's murder. His pressure on the Juice dude is waning so he may need some other leverage or have some already.
- If Pope lives he'll have some angle into the new real estate developments in Charming. Jax got with the mayor and is supposed to have SOA in a labor contract, electrical wiring I believe. Learning from Pope's legal business acumen.
- And what's going to happen with the ponytailed, bipolar ex-US marshal who's digging into his sister's murder and tormenting Otto? We'll see tonight but know that a new season's coming now that he's set up shop in Charming with a bag of pills, reading some kind of fantasy fiction I think.
I sure as hell can't complain about the plotlines or characters being thin or predictable. There's enough rich stories going to set off three spinoff shows.
Holla at y'all tonight...
If you look at the trailers through this season, the person that they imply is going to get smoked in the preview rarely does. I'm guessing they try to give up Juice in exchange for Tig, seeing as he failed to get the paperwork away from Clay. Maybe Bobby Elvis will take a bullet.
Wild guess...just before Tig gets shot, the Marshall shows up Punisher style, guns a blazing, and we end up with a cliffhanger as to who lives and dies in the melee.
^^^ Your ending is actually better than the real ending in my opinion.
I guess I was part correct; I should have bet on the house that they would kill Pope off. Same as Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction, any screen Black gangster that strong has to be taken down by the (white) powers that be in Hollywood. It was cool while it lasted. They made him a bit too powerful because I don't believe anyone's going to get the 5 million dollar bounty Pope set up for his killer but if he was that sharp, Jax would be gone. Ain't happening. After this crap, Django will be like watching X. Wite Powa!
OK, enough I've beat that dead horse to Elmer's. Maybe I'll catch onto Justified; luckily House of Games is coming back...
Wow. I was right on Tig not getting blasted, but all that other stuff was unexpected! The scene where Clay was arrested was classic material. Pope got blasted?!?! Still hard to believe that a dude on that level didn't have a security detail worthy of Saddam Hussein around him. But I guess this is the same show where the MC president heads in to breakup a dogfight. I thought that scene was on some Willie Horton ish... and how hypocritical are these dudes who have smoked how many people in 5 seasons? I guess that's the way of the world.
Tara is in the mix like Drake and Rick Ross during Friday drive time. I knew she wasn't going to evade that charge. I thought jax was going to grill her when he saw Wendy's name on that paperwork.
Anyone got predictions for next season?
^^^ That's exactly why I have a 'hate/like' relationship with the show. Cool conflicts, bikes, babes, gangs, politics, complex plotlines, interesting (white) stories, etc. But then there's white supremacist fantasies, demeaning Black characters, marginalized ethnicities, unrealistic conflicts & situations, weak characters, etc.
Pope was too sharp to got out like that. If they wrote him a bit less savvy, more like LeRoi of the 1-9ers, I could almost believe he'd fall for that. Not in this scenario though; yeah where is the guerrilla unit worthy of Castro in the 50's hiding in the bush? Just in case young Jax tries some shoo-be doo-be. Pope read him so well that he'd see that stuff from miles away and he'd have henchmen at Tara's door watching her & her children in case jax flipped. Now that's the Pope I watched all season.
In fact, if Pope's second in command doesn't put the heat on Jax and the Sons next season, the shark will have officially been jumped, mark my words.
Was going to post to this thread, but the days got away from me. Saw around 200 of some of the real west coast bad boys on the interstate when I was taking a trip. It's funny to be reminded of how different TV can be from reality...
All of us squares at every fuel stop were intrigued, but no one would approach a pack of them 15 deep at the truck stop, none below 200 pounds, no Ralph Lauren escapees in tow. They just stood there and laughed amongst themselves at their default rockstar status. Sure glad they didn't have any of those bootleg SAMCRO/SF Giants sweatshirts with the screen on the front when I was up north.
Looking forward to reading a couple of 1% related books that are about to come out...
Anyone have predictions for next season?
Its definitely Hamlet with the father dying and is around as the ghost figure with the mother getting with the "brother" and the son who needs to avenge his fathers death. We all know what happens to Hamlet. Hope Jax doesn't fall to the same.
Is it Hamlet, or MacBeth?
LesYpersound said:peggy bundy hits a bitch in the face with a skateboard = l-o-l
i haven't watched it enough to really have an opinion tbh... but when i do watch it i pay more attn to the women and their messy storylines. interesting take on hamlet tho, i suppose.
Almost done reading the first of the two books shown above. Like I said in the other post, SAMCRO is the glamorized version. This book is the drug hazed dirty version.