AFROPUNK

... the other Black experience

I hate to copy+paste articles like this sometimes but wow...

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/pop-vocal-legend-whit...

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A tragic life cut short too soon.

One of the most gifted singers ever. Period. Rest in peace Whitney.

I wasn't a fan of her music,but she did have a great voice though.Nobody expected that! RIP.

Don't forget, courageous Civil Rights Leader PATRICIA STEPHENS DUE also died yesterday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/patricia-stephens-due-civil-ri...

Please spell her name correctly. Geez. It's Whitney Houston not Huston. Side note R.I.P Madame soul singer aka Whitney Houston.

Thank you AP. I've been very edgy this weekend due to being in shock over her  death.  It's like pieces of my childhood are  withering away. First MJ now WH. (dropping tears). =(. 

Lunakiss said:

Please spell her name correctly. Geez. It's Whitney Houston not Huston. Side note R.I.P Madame soul singer aka Whitney Houston.

YALL.

I haven't even signed in in a million years but I was HEARTBROKEN when I found out. Whitney's whole career was during my lifetime. She epitomized my childhood. She's the one I remember watching on TV, she was tall, perfect smile, poised, her speaking voice was soothing, she was gorgeous and of course, the singing unparalleled. She was America's Sweetheart, she was regal and spunky and I was 8 years old and didn't know what it meant to be 'Every Woman' but I knew every word to that soundtrack. As many jokes as people made about her, I feel like people were genuinely rooting for her to come back. And God, the tragedy is in the cliche of it all that has everyone lamenting 'Oh, Whitney'. I haven't been this touched by a celebrity death since Shari Lewis when I was 9. I guess everyone has that one.

They give people joy for so many years, but no family and friends to care about them when they don't feel good. After Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, too sad...

Her personal tumults overshadowed her immense talents. It's sad. People gloating over her death should just be glad TMZ isn't hovering waiting for them to make a bad decision. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Matthew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

HOME
| MY PAGE | MESSAGE BOARD | BANDS | APX | BLOGS | MEDIA | FESTIVAL | ABOUT | MOVIES | STORE | CONTACT
©2013 AFROPUNK | BRANDED BY 7ONE8