AFROPUNK

... the other Black experience

Hey everyone I haven't been around, but I've been thinking about something for a time now.  How would you feel you if someone you were digging on turned out to be asexual, having no desire for sexual intimacy.  But they still wanted to pursue a relationship.  Would you be able go sexfree for someone you care about?

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

No effin way! I personally couldn't do it because sex in a relationship for me has to be very intense and passionate. If it's non-existent, then that equals a friendship in my book, not a relationship. I think a person just has to know themselves and what their needs are and if sex is not a high desire for them then it should work out.
How much do I like them? How intense is our emotional connection? Does that person like to kiss and cuddle and be physically intimate in others ways other than sex? If I am really really into them and we have an amazing emotional connection and they liked to be affectionate in other ways than intercourse, then I think I could do it.
guitargrrrl76 said:
How much do I like them? How intense is our emotional connection? Does that person like to kiss and cuddle and be physically intimate in others ways other than sex? If I am really really into them and we have an amazing emotional connection and they liked to be affectionate in other ways than intercourse, then I think I could do it.

Like them enough to see a real intense lasting relationship. Kissing a little, cuddling yes, but not much beyond a lite makeout. But willing to try new things.
Sorry. No. I have a high sex drive. I'll have to dump her.
sounds like a good friendship... or at least a sensual one. most successful 'straights' have tons of fun without penetration.
Sure, if we had an understand that i could sex someone else. but i mean i feel that way even if i'm gettin laid in a relationship. the body is one thing; i like to fuck. But when i give my heart to someone that's another thing entirely. I think people fail to see that.
I think a romantic relationship without sex has the potential to be a more powerful force than one with sex. I could do it. Even if I weren't really head over heels in love because I know what it feels like to be left because you won't put out. It's not fair and I'm not going to do it. And I'll love the day I find someone I don't need to have sex with to be able relate to.
Only if I could fuck someone else.

However, I can only have sex with people I have a deep emotional connection with. I'm not sure if I could honestly have strong feelings for two people at the same time? I'm a very sexual person when I'm with someone I truely care about, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want be dry humping her leg everytime I felt frisky. I'm human, I have needs, I'd be too frustrated. I couldn't do it for an eternity. A year or so, fine. But for the entire relationship? I'd probably cry a lot.
To be honest, right now this would be the optimal relationship for me. Right now, sex to me is an interesting idea, but the mechanics and messy feelings that get tangled up in it are just too much for me. I kind of prefer kisses and cuddles anyway.
For me, it's healthy to have platonic relationships (understanding that's different than having a primary partner who's asexual) in addition to sexual ones. Fortunately for me, I've never been in the situation where my primary partner was asexual or prefered to abstain. But, I would be open to that situation if we had open communication and understanding about a polyamorous relationship.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Matthew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

HOME
| MY PAGE | MESSAGE BOARD | BANDS | APX | BLOGS | MEDIA | FESTIVAL | ABOUT | MOVIES | STORE | CONTACT
©2013 AFROPUNK | BRANDED BY 7ONE8