2016 was a major year for the visibility of Black Cosplayers and we loved every minute of it. Whether you guys meticulously recreated looks from your favorite fandoms or brought to life or an original fantasy-themed character, black cosplayers were some of the fiercest nerds in all the internets. There were a ton of incredible cosplay to choose from, and these are some of the stand outs—check ‘em out and keep using the #BlackCosplayersRock tag.
1. Ashe Cosplay as Neytiri from Avatar
Ashe Cosplay as Neytiri from Avatar
Shot by : Natey Nukez
MUA (body): Natey Nukez & @technikohler
MUA (face): Ashe Cosplay
2. Harley Quinn cosplay by Apenas Ana
Harley Quinn cosplay by Apenas Ana
3. Wonder Woman by Damita Jane
Stuntwoman and actress Damita Jane stuntwoman_atl slaying
as Wonder Woman at DragonCon in Atlanta!
Photo by: robinhenson.com @3cheesekrystals
4. Harry Potter cosplay by @maiconrodrigues1
Credits: @projetoidentidadeoficial @orlandocaldeira @nonoemia
Photo by @studiofaya
5. Sailor Mars Cosplay by Alicia
Cosplayer Alicia (@KissaFrogCosplay) shared this picture with the following caption:
"Me currently not giving a crap about what the fatshamers have to say about my Sailor Mars Cosplay.
:) Not today satan, not today."
6. Cosplayer Maki Roll's Chop Shop as Jade (Mortal Kombat)
Cosplayer Maki Roll as Jade (Mortal Kombat)
Twitter: @MakiRoll90 - IG: @MakiRoll90 - FB: /makilovesunicorns
Photo by Brian Maze / Maze Studio @mazestudio1
7. Vampire cosplay by @afrodobaggins by Naporje @pose_click_naporje
"Equilibrium" - "Exploring the balance between light and dark that lives in us all, using the theme of vampires."
8. Green Arrow cosplay by Charles Kanu
9. Cutiepiesensei Cosplay in Kill La Kill/Sailor Moon cosplay mash-up
Shot by AMPCosplay
10. Storm cosplay by @aliciamariebody
leather design: @merchantgreenleather