If the word "politics" sends a looming chill of boredom and contemplative depression, you're not alone. Many people fear looking like a terrorist, so they don't admit to not fully grasping American policies or the under workings of the judicial system. Instead, when a policy conversation arises, most people understand about 15 percent of what's really going on and for the other 85 percent -- put on the look of concern meets constipation face to appear really moved by the conversation at hand.
The reality is, a looming amount of the information fed to the American people is loaded with convoluted text, and the real messages get lost in translation. The true question becomes, how can we begin to fight for change in America, if we don't even understand the policies that limit us?
*In "Antidote for Ignorance," columnist and history buff, Benjamin Adams will take current bills and policies and break them down for everyone (in the privacy of their homes, of course) to understand what lawmakers are really saying between the lines. And don't worry, we won't tell anyone if you secretly read his work.