You’ve probably noticed that shit has hit the fan, the people have taken to the streets, and the Black Lives Matter movement is raging on with impassioned gusto and inter-community solidarity. As the movement swells to all-time heights with daily, city shut down protests across the country, many are gearing up for sustainable community enrichment in the form of black business support. When I say support, I don’t mean a temporary boycott of white capitalism and white-owned businesses, I mean a permanent mindset change that has the power to emancipate and strengthen the black community.
Bbnomics.com has complied a list of 100 national black businesses to support 365-days a year. Check out a few of my favorites down below and see their entire list right here.
By Erin White*, AFROPUNK contributor
1. Citizens Trust Bank - Atlanta, GA.
2. Karyn’s - Raw and cooked vegan comfort foods. Located at 1901 N. Halsted in Chicago, IL
3. Ginger + Liz - Nail polish and nail care line.
4. Talley & Twine - Unique watches and timepieces for the fashion-forward.
5. TGIN (Thank God I’m Natural) - Natural hair care and bath & body products.
Check out the full list HERE
*Erin White is an Atlanta-based writer and AFROPUNK's editorial and social media assistant. You can follow her on Tumblr or friend her on Facebook. Have a pitch or an inquiry? Shoot her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.