It’s always great to hear African music re-imagined, and here it comes in the form of Ibibio Sound Machine. The band is fronted by London-born Nigerian singer Eno Williams, and is inspired by the golden era of West-African funk and modern post-punk/electro. Album available here.
By Alexander Aplerku, AFROPUNK Contributor
Check out this summer mixtape that the band recently released --> LISTEN
1. Voice of The Bird (Uyio Inuen)
2. I’m Running (Nya Fehe)
3. The Talking Fish (Asem Usem Iyak)
4. Let’s Dance (Yak Inek Unek)
5. Uwa The Peacock (Eki Ko Inuen Uwa)
6.The Tortoise (Nsaha Edem Ikit)
7.Woman Of Substance (Awuwan Itiaba)
8.Prodigal Son (Aken Ake Feheke)
9. I’ve Got To Move, I’ve Got to Get out.